I’m happy to see that it looks like EA has fixed most of the issues the version 1.0 of this mod fixed! So now in version 2.0 the addon has become the main mod.
This adds duplicated versions of the male fingernails that are enabled for masculine sims with feminine frames. They’re not perfect and you’ll see two versions of all fingernails on masc sims but it’s better than the default.
For masc sims with masc frames both versions of the nails will be the same, but for masc sims with fem frames you’ll want to choose the version with the wrench since it will clip into their fingers less.
- Carnival Streetwear Kit
- Grunge Revival Kit
- My Wedding Stories
- Poolside Splash Kit
- Spa Day
- Added nails from Poolside Splash Kit
- Recreated Carnival Streetwear Kit and My Wedding Stories nails because I had accidentally made them overrides.
- Exciting news! EA fixed a lot of the issues! That means that I'm converting my FTM Fingernail Fixes addon into the main mod for version 2.0.
- Deleted the main mod.
- Turned the addon into v2.0 of the main mod.
- Added Grunge Revival Kit nails.
- Renamed everything so please delete old versions before updating.
- Renamed the zip files, but not the packages. That's just for clarity and to match the packages.
- Werewolves nails were actually mostly categorized correctly, but they were set to random so I added a fix for that as well as removing the broken "female" nails from transmasc sims.
- Made an addon for transmasc nails, but there is a slight downside: nails will show up twice for cis male sims because I had to make a copy to make it work. They'll both work the same for them so it doesn't matter which one you choose, but it is annoying which is why I made it an addon in case you don't want that.
I saw a couple posts on Reddit about this bug: the categories on fingernails are messed up, resulting in sims with frames different from their gender unable to use most nails. I decided I couldn't let this stand, especially in Pride month so I whipped up what I hope is only a temporary fix.
My hope is that I can discontinue this mod after a real fix is patched in, but for now it should do the trick.
This mod overrides all the "male" fingernails to work on any gender with a masc frame. It also includes a couple little override fixes for fem framed nails such as making MWS nails not random and CSW nails not show for the wrong frame (as visible in the "before" screenshot)