This mod is a little different and it does a few things. First, it disables brushing your teeth without a hidden buff. With the base version of the mod, all you have to do to get the buff is to place a toothbrush object and be near it.
The base version of this mod is passive with no interactions on the objects themselves! If you want something you can click on check out the addons!
These are overrides of EA objects given custom tuning. It also includes an override to the tuning for the brush teeth interaction. So anything else that changes those tunings will have conflict. As always, let me know if you have any issues.
- Basegame Toothbrush Holder
- Bathroom Clutter Kit Toothbrush Holder
- Bathroom Clutter Kit Electric Toothbrush
- Zero's BG - Visible Maxis Hidden Needs - Doesn't modify the same tuning so you shouldn't have an issue with it.
- adeepindigo's Dental Care - The base version of the mod is compatible with Dental Care. When you install this mod you need to put my files the same folder as adeepindigo's mod and do not rename any of them. This will ensure that the tuning loads in the correct order. If you use the Interactive addon I recommend also using the DC addon, which simply changes the strings to make more sense with the mod.
- Amellce's Brush Teeth From Toothbrushes - Doesn't override the objects so it should work with my base mod. However, since the interaction won't be looking for my buff it probably won't make much sense with the Interactive addon.
- Bathroom Clutter Kits objects aren't searchable by "Ilex" like most of my objects. S4S strings were giving me trouble. I'll fix it when I'm able.
- Fixed missing search terms
- Laid the groundwork for a future update
- This isn't an update you need to rush to get. It's maintenance and improvements.
- Added objects from Bathroom Clutter Kit
- Removed custom thumbnails to bring down file size and save myself some work going forward
- Restructured the mod so that there's only one version plus addons.
- The base version of the mod is passive and compatible with adeepindigo's Dental Care
- If you want interactions when clicking on the objects, there's an addon for that, as well as an addon to improve the strings if you're using the interactive version with Dental Care.
- Please read the details of the addons and let me know if there's anything you're unsure of!
- IMPORTANT: Delete all old versions because things have been renamed.
- Renamed the files to better reflect the mod name
- Please delete your existing files and redownload one of the new zips because the renamed files won’t overwrite the old ones.
- Added Polish translation from Mircul
- Added my functionality to off the grid toothbrushing. Thought I already did that, but I guess not because it wasn’t in there. Now it is!
- Updated DC version to be compatible with the latest version of adeepindigo’s Dental Care.
- Reorganized all the versions into two downloads. Choose the original or the DC version and once you download it keep either the interactable or passive version and delete the other. Four downloads would have been overkill and this is simpler. Be sure to delete any old versions to make sure you don’t end up with a weird duplicate due to the reorganization!
- Added a passive version of the mod that works similarly to my hand soap. If you put it in the bathroom it will enable toothbrushing for nearby sims. It’s not perfect because if you want to send your sim to brush their teeth from across the lot you’ll have to send them close to the sink first. It works better with the soap imo, but this was requested and I do like it better in theory. It’s just a little wonky.
- Changed the string of the main mod to say “Get Toothbrush & Toothpaste”. That was originally going to be an addon by request but I liked it better than the original so I added it to the main mod instead. I also renamed the mod to fit better but I didn’t change the filenames.
- Brand new search functionality! I’m slowly adding hidden tags to my objects so you can find them by searching for “Ilex” (that’s an uppercase i at the beginning if you can’t tell).
- Fixed a conflict in the DC version of the mod
- Added custom thumbnails that I forgot on the initial upload.
This mod is a little different and it does a few things. First, it disables brushing your teeth without a hidden “HasToothpaste” buff. Second, it adds an interaction to the toothbrush holder that allows you to get that buff for 2 hours. So now instead of just going to a sink and brushing your teeth you will go to the toothbrush holder, get toothpaste, then go to a sink and brush your teeth.
This is an override of a basegame object given custom tuning. It also includes an override to the tuning for the brush teeth interaction. So anything else that changes those tunings will have conflict. As always, let me know if you have any issues.