Moving beyond just giving clutter a purpose for a moment, I’ve decided to give some game items a second purpose. These items are all surfaces (end table, coffee tables, and TV stands) that can now serve as bookshelves in addition to being a surface. Basically if there is built in book clutter it’s now a bookshelf.
These are overrides to the EA objects, replacing their tuning with bookshelf tuning. It shouldn’t conflict with anything unless you have something else that happens to modify these objects specifically, but please let me know if you have any problems with it.
- Basegame Coffee Table
- Basegame Corner Table
- Basegame Hall Table
- Basegame Nightstand
- Book Nook Kit Coffee Table NEW
- Book Nook Kit End Table NEW
- Cottage Living Hutch
- Eco Lifestyle Hall Table
- High School Years Cart Shelf
- Parenthood Coffee Table (2 versions)
- Parenthood Nightstand
- Parenthood TV Stand
- Tiny Living End Table
- Tiny Living Kitchen Shelf
- If you know of an item I missed let me know
- Added 2 new objects from Book Nook Kit
- Adjusted tags for consistency (yes this probably reverts past changes but you've probably realized by now how fleeting my decisions are)
- Added cart from High School Years (sorry, I meant to upload this a while ago but forgot to screenshot it)
- It’s come to my attention that the line between this mod and Should Have Been: Bookshelves was a but blurry so I decided to clean it up. The line is now this: if it looks like it could only really be a bookshelf it’s in that mod. If it’s something else (a nightstand, a table, etc) that just has books on it it’s still in this one.
- So on that note: I’ve removed the Cool Kitchen Stuff and Dream Home Decorator shelves from this mod. If you want them back you can get them here: Should Have Been: Bookshelves. The functionality is identical, the mods are just slightly better organized.
- I realized that having Separate, Merged, and Merged by pack was probably confusing so I’ll be slowly updating all my mods to use a new structure.
- Starting with v1.4 the Separate download has been discontinued.
- Renamed the files to better reflect the mod name
- Now there are two downloads: Merged and ByPack.
- Merged contains all objects in one file.
- ByPack contains a TUNING file and one file per pack. You can pick and choose the packs you have/want
- Each download also contains a file explaining this.
- Please delete your existing files and redownload one of the new zips because the renamed files won’t overwrite the old ones.
- Added Tiny Living Kitchen Shelf. I eventually want to make this one even more multi-purpose but for now it’s just a shelf and a bookshelf.
- Added Basegame nightstand and Cottage Living hutch
- Changed the name of the set to Surface/Bookshelves since it’s no longer really all tables.
- Added Dream Home Decorator modular cabinet thing. I was originally going to put it in a different set but I decided it fit better here since it’s more like an end table than anything else.
- Changed the Cool Kitchen Stuff abbreviation from CK to CKS because I realized the possible confusion with Country Kitchen Kit (which will be CKK). I’ll be doing the same for City Living and Cottage Living in another set soon.
- Moved the merged pack files into a subfolder in the zip. Should make it easier to just delete them if you only want the full merged version.
- Started adding version numbers to the files. I should have done this and the folder sooner, but I’m still figuring out how I want to organize things.
Moving beyond just giving clutter a purpose for a moment, I’ve decided to give some game items a second purpose. These items are all tables (end table, coffee tables, and TV stands) that can now serve as bookshelves in addition to being a surface. Basically if there is built in book clutter it’s now a bookshelf.
These are overrides to the EA objects, replacing their tuning with bookshelf tuning and moving them to the Bookshelf category in addition to wherever they normally are. It shouldn’t conflict with anything unless you have something else that happens to modify these objects specifically, but please let me know if you have any problems with it.