Now stacked books can function just like bookshelves. Yes, there are already some space saving options like this, but they look so neat and organized. Some people (and sims) are messy. Now you can just have books laying around as decor and pretend to grab from the pile.
These are overrides to the EA objects giving them bookshelf tuning and moving them to the Bookshelf category. They’ve been removed from other categories to clean things up a bit. It shouldn’t conflict with anything unless you have something else that happens to modify these objects specifically, but please let me know if you have any problems with it.
- Basegame Book Stacks (2 versions)
- Basegame Antique Books
- Basegame Clutter Box
- Book Nook Kit Book Stack NEW
- Book Nook Kit Book Stand NEW
- Cool Kitchen Stuff Cookbooks
- Discover University Book Stack
- Dream Home Designer Magazines
- Everyday Clutter Kit Magazines
- Everyday Clutter Kit Chess Books
- High School Years Book Stacks (2 versions)
- High School Years Book Pile
- Little Campers Kit Popup Books
- Moschino Stuff Pack Magazines
- Movie Hangout Stuff Plants & Books*
- Vintage Glamour Stuff Magazines
- Werewolves Book Piles (2 versions)
- If you know of an object I missed let me know
- Added 2 objects from Book Nook Kit. Sorry I meant to upload this sooner
- Adjusted tags for consistency (yes this probably reverts past changes but you've probably realized by now how fleeting my decisions are)
- Added 2 new objects from Everyday Clutter Kit
- Added appropriate tags to objects so that teens can study for exams with HSY
- Added bonus Water Plants interaction to the MHO books if you have my Water Your Plants mod.
- Actually removed the PH magazine rack like I tried to do in the last update (I knew I'd miss something)
- Added new objects from Werewolves. Actually I did this a while ago and forgot to upload it. Oops!
- Added a new object from Little Campers Kit
- I realized that having Separate, Merged, and Merged by pack was probably confusing so I’ll be slowly updating all my mods to use a new structure.
- So that means that starting with v1.5 the Separate download has been discontinued.
- Now there are two downloads: Merged and ByPack.
- Merged contains all objects in one file.
- ByPack contains a TUNING file and one file per pack. You can pick and choose the packs you have/want
- Each download also contains a file explaining this.
- Added a new object from Movie Hangout Stuff
- Fixed Basegame Short Book Stack and Basegame Clutter Box to work with the new swatches. I think those are the only ones that got new swatches but if I missed anything let me know.
- Added Parenthood magazine rack. I think I’ve seen other versions of this one before so if you already have it you can ignore it, but I thought it made sense to include it for thoroughness.
- Changed the Cool Kitchen Stuff abbreviation from CK to CKS because I realized the possible confusion with Country Kitchen Kit (which will be CKK). I’ll be doing the same for City Living and Cottage Living in another set soon.
- Moved the merged pack files into a subfolder in the zip. Should make it easier to just delete them if you only want the full merged version.
- Started adding version numbers to the zip files. I should have done this and the folder sooner, but I’m still figuring out how I want to organize things.
- Fixed the filename for the merged DU package. It doesn’t actually matter but the inconsistency annoyed me. Just make sure you only have one DU file and you’re good.
- Added Vintage Glamour Stuff magazines (with the statue on them)
- Reorganized the files because I realized it was overkill. The “Merged” file now contains both a file with all the bookshelves and a version separated by pack so you can get only what you want. The “Separate” file is exactly what it sounds like: each bookshelf separate.
Now stacked books can function just like bookshelves. Yes, there are already some space saving options like this, but they look so neat and organized. Some people (and sims) are messy. Now you can just have books laying around as décor and pretend to grab from the pile.
These are overrides to the EA objects giving them bookshelf tuning and moving them to the Bookshelf category in addition to wherever they normally are. It shouldn’t conflict with anything unless you have something else that happens to modify these objects specifically, but please let me know if you have any problems with it.