You don’t need a whole vanity to apply vanity makeup anymore! Now makeup objects can just be placed on desks and used to apply makeup.
Most of these objects are overrides and all items require Vintage Glamour Stuff to function. The tuning is custom, adjusted from the vanity tuning to work with an object sitting on a desk. It shouldn’t conflict with anything unless you have something else that happens to modify that object specifically, but please let me know if you have any problems with it. Especially since there are so many interactions and there well could be a mistake somewhere.
When you place these items on a desk or table a sim can use it as if it were a vanity table. They will sit down in the chair and apply makeup that will last 24hrs. Kids can play with makeup too.
- Basegame Makeup Set*
- Everyday Clutter Kit Makeup Kit
- Get Famous Makeup Set*
- High School Years Makeup Sets (2 versions)
- Parenthood Makeup Tray
- All items require Vintage Glamour Stuff since they use vanity functionality
- Maybe find a way to make the makeup permanent and add a version that does that
- Possibly add a version based on the functionality of the Get Famous stylist chair if I can figure out how
- These items should only be placed on a desk or table (although it can be off to the side). There's no animation to apply makeup if the sim isn't sitting at a surface.
- Removed most custom thumbnails to bring down file size and save myself some work going forward
- Exciting news! For the first time an object creator reached out to me and added my tuning to their own object! Visit MyxDoll on YouTube and check out this great alpha style makeup kit on Patreon (currently in early access)
- Added Everyday Clutter Kit object
- Fixed a bug where the GF object couldn't be selected
- Added live drag to all objects that were missing it
- Renamed the mod since most of these are not trays but it was still named after the first one I did. File names have not changed.
- Added High School Years objects
- I realized that having Separate, Merged, and Merged by pack was probably confusing so I’ll be slowly updating all my mods to use a new structure.
- Starting with v1.5 the Separate download has been discontinued.
- Renamed the files to better reflect the mod name
- Now there are two downloads: Merged and ByPack. – Merged contains all objects in one file. – ByPack contains a TUNING file and one file per pack. You can pick and choose the packs you have/want – Each download also contains a file explaining this.
- Please delete your existing files and redownload one of the new zips because the renamed files won’t overwrite the old ones.
- Fixed an issue with the strings on the GTW object. It all imported in English when I cloned it but I was able to recreate it and pull the translated strings in manually.
- Brand new search functionality! I’m slowly adding hidden tags to my objects so you can find them by searching for “Ilex” (that’s an uppercase i at the beginning if you can’t tell). In English you can also search for “Makeup” and have these come up.
- Behind the scenes fix for my strings. You won’t actually see a change in game, but the old way risked conflicting with my own mods as well as others.
- Added Czech translation from Mikaela_Lovett
- Made the objects able to go into a sim’s inventory as requested. I wanted to make it function from the inventory but realized that’s not doable with the animation limitations.
- Added custom thumbnails so you can tell at a glance where the objects came from
- Renamed the files to be more consistent with my naming conventions. Uses VGS instead of ALL in the name because VGS is required no matter what. Be sure to delete the old version because the new one will not overwrite it.
- Fixed a minor issue with nested zip files.
- Added a new object cloned from a basegame debug object. It still requires Vintage Glamour Stuff but doesn’t need any other pack.
The next item I’m giving a use is the makeup tray from Parenthood! I’ve also created cloned a debug object from Get Famous that has this functionality as well.
The Parenthood item is an override and both items require Vintage Glamour Stuff to function. The tuning is custom, adjusted from the vanity tuning to work with an object sitting on a desk. It shouldn’t conflict with anything unless you have something else that happens to modify that object specifically, but please let me know if you have any problems with it. Especially since there are so many interactions and there well could be a mistake somewhere.